Most businesses use the bulk of their electricity during daylight hours (running machinery, air-conditioners, lighting, computers, photocopiers, refrigerators etc). With the installation of a quality solar power system, most businesses can reduce their electricity bills by 50-75%.
- Solar helps businesses cut their energy bills and protects against rising electricity prices.
- The panels on your roof generate power during the day, which you can use for free (even if it’s a cloudy day, your panels still produce power). 2nd source of energy.
- There are still generous government rebates available to businesses. The Federal government contributes as much as $78,000 on commercial solar power systems!
- You’ll get benefit out of the system if:
– you use at least 50% of your electricity during daylight hours
– you pay at least 18c/kWh for your power, your bills are $1,000-$20,000/qtr and your roof space is unshaded
- Payback (an average size solar system for an SME (10kW), costs around $13,500; net saving: approx. $48,000 over 10 years; payback approx. 3.1 years).