REC Solar Panels
The Alpha Pure range won the InterSolar Award in 2020 and has been a top performer in the PVEL Awards for 6 years in a row. The company has a presence in Melbourne if ever you have any after-sales servicing requirements.
REC’s heterojunction technology that’s integrated into their panels means that there’s more solar generation when the sun is at its strongest. With a panel efficiency of 22.2%, they’re one of the most efficient panels in the world, meaning you generate more power from your roof due to higher power density. The frames are super strong with a high wind load rating of 4kpa (the panels come with additional stabiliser bars at the rear, which most panels don’t have). REC panels are tested to 3 times beyond normal industry standards. A 25-year parts and labour warranty is provided with REC.
Why The Energy Experts Recommend REC Solar Panels
- REC is a strong contender with SunPower for a lesser outlay.
- With over 43 million panels manufactured since REC started operations in Norway in 1996, REC is a major player and has made a name for itself in the premium panel space.
- Not made in China – the modules are in fact manufactured in Norway and Singapore
- Lowe failure rate: of the 400 million panels that are manufactured each year, less than 400 are returned under warranty each year.
- The REC Alpha Pure range is fabulous: they won the InterSolar Award in 2020 and have been a top performer in the PVEL Awards for 6 years in a row. We’re not the only ones who like them; REC panels have been installed on the rooftops of ALDI, Amazon, Audi, BMW, Costco, IKEA, Mercedes-Benz, Panasonic, Rolls-Royce, Shell and Tesla.
- REC panels are tested 3 times beyond normal industry standards.
- A 25-year performance warranty, 25-year product warranty and 25-year parts and labour warranty is provided with REC.
- At the end of 25 years, REC Alpha panels are guaranteed to still produce 92% of their original output.
- REC Alpha Pure panels have an excellent temperature coefficient of .26%, which is one of the best of any panel in the world. This means that for every degree above 25°, the panels only reduce in performance by .26%.
- Being all-black, they’re one of the more aesthetically-pleasing panels available.
- The company has a presence in Melbourne if ever you have any after-sales servicing requirements.