How Do Solar Panels Work?
A solar panel system uses light to generate electricity which you can then use to power your business. Here is how it happens:
• The sun’s light (photons) is absorbed by the solar panel
• The silicon and conductors in the panel convert the light into Direct Current (DC) electricity which then flows to the inverter.
• The inverter converts the Direct Current (DC) into Alternate Current (AC) which you can use in your business.
• Any additional electricity that’s not used by your business is then fed back into the grid (if you have battery storage, you can send your additional electricity to your battery bank and draw down on this when your panels aren’t producing electricity). E.g. early morning/late afternoon/overnight).
• When you need more power than your solar system can produce, you draw this from the grid.